Aligning IEPs to the Common Core State Standards is a User-Friendly Template for Aligning IEPs to Instruction, Assessment, & Grade-Level Standards
Current federal policy requires that alternate achievement standards be linked to grade level content that promotes access to the general curriculum. This succinctly presented book provides a clear framework for aligning academic content for students with an intellectual disability. It focuses on language arts and math, plus self-determination and assistive technology. Includes sample objectives and a case study.
- Ideas for aligning IEP goals and objectives to new CCCS
- Examples of ELA and math objectives based on CCSS
- Case study examples of alignment for students with moderate and severe disabilities
- Hardware and software examples used to teach academic objectives
- A chapter on effective instruction for teaching academic objectives to students with moderate and severe disabilities
Six Successful Strategies for Teaching Common Core State Standards is a proactive companion to Aligning IEPs to the Common Core State Standards
While the latter explains best practices for aligning IEPs, this brand new book deals primarily with its implementation. This comprehensive book offers practical examples and ready-made lessons to try in your class. To quote its authors, “it serves as the next logical step toward the implementation of a standards-based IEP for students with moderate and severe disabilities.” It does so by outlining six easy-to-follow teaching strategies. This spiral-bound book is 188 pages, and includes a Resource CD with PDFs.
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good
Enter the code in the box below: