Written by teens...for teens, these timely and relevant leveled stories are sure to engage struggling readers with their high-interest topics and low reading levels. Whether reading about stories of courage in the face of disaster, or about stories that focus on everyday challenges with friends, in sports, and at school, these 16 short stories are sure to captivate reluctant readers and improve their reading skills. Each story is carefully written using controlled vocabulary and simple sentence structure. Reading levels vary by story.
More than 100 activity pages are included on CD. Activities are designed to help build vocabulary, boost comprehension, initiate group discussion, and encourage independent writing. The series includes eight 32-page books with two stories in each book. *Mature themes may not be appropriate for younger students.
Sample Set Includes:
- 8 Storybooks (1 of each title)
- Activity CD (100 follow-up activities)
Everyday Challenges Titles Include:
- My Best Friend/Living in Spain
- Dreams do Come True/Dancing My Life
- A Lesson Learned in Time/Moving is Not Beautiful
- The Boy Who Thought He was the Best/The Gift
Facing Disasters Titles Include:
- Hurricane Carlos/The Ice Storm
- Fire at Sunny Woods/The Tornado that Destroyed Joppa Elementary
- Avalanche!/Where Did the Road Go?
- A Night to Remember/Why is Everything Shaking?
*Click here to download the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts for Remedia's products.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: REM 5021A
- Weight: 2.00lb
- Dimensions: 7.00in x 8.00in x 12.00in