Forty years ago, two special education teachers needed materials that fit the needs of their struggling students. Kitty Scharf and Barbara Johnson came together to create Remedia Publications with that goal in mind. "These children need to be taught in more simple terms," Kitty said. "They may have low reading levels, but high interest levels. Our workbooks are designed with this in mind." Click here to read an article from 1983 about Kitty and Barbara's story.
We may be small in numbers (6 employees), but we make up for it in our dedication to educators! Here at Remedia, we know that today's diverse classrooms can be quite challenging. While some students are performing above grade level, others may be struggling with the basics. Our practical solutions and curriculum supplements help busy teachers work more effectively with students who have learning differences.
Our Materials Meet the Same Great Standards!
- Strong focus on basic skills and repetition
- Font size is larger than the average book
- Art is simple and does not distract students (great for attention deficit)
- Art is not juvenile (great for older students)
- Pages are simple, skill-specific, and not overwhelming to the student (great for reluctant learners)
- High-interest, captivating format (great for all students)
- Classified by grade level, interest level, and reading level (great for educators!)